Thursday 3 March 2016

WORKSHOP 3: Set Visions Pix

Set Visions Pix 

For this workshop we had Dave Wakelin, head of 3D Modeling of Pix, show us the work he did as a game designer over the years and went through the basics of 3D modeling, CGI imagery, concept art and Character Modeling. 

Afterwards we had to create a 3d model of a water bottle in Cinema 4D. I don't know anything about Cinema 4D, so I went on a tutorial on Youtube, and I played around with the tools and I created some examples. 

To be fair, once I understood the basics it was quite easy to catch on but still, I fond Cinema 4D quite difficult to use. 

To create this bottle I had to find an actual photo of a plastic water bottle to use is a my texture material. I first created a cube as a basic shape and then I dragged the material on the cube. Later on I traced half of the bottle with the pen tool and once I finished I deleted the cube and the texture so I could see the traced bottle. Then, with the spline selected I went on and created a Lathe and I dragged the spline on the Lathe. 

After that I just went ahead and played with the materials and the textures. I used different liquid materials in order to make the water realistic as well as the plastic bottle. 






No comments:

Post a Comment