Wednesday 24 February 2016

Collide - Idea Generation

IDEA 1 - Wire Sculpture

I was looking on Pinterest for inspiration and I came across some wire sculptures from some artists that I found really interesting. Some of them were really simple and some other were really complicated, but one thing they had in common was that all of them portrayed a message, a clear image of what the artist was trying to send to the observers. 
I thought that it would be both interesting and creative to try to do my own 
wire sculpture as my physical outcome, maybe not that complex but definitely in a way that I can portray my idea, colliding the three themes. Maybe I can start from the bottom showing a figure, which is supposedly me, holding a pencil and then building in upwards, show where I see my self in 10 years, family and career wise, and what makes me happy in the same time.

Martin Senn

Gavin Worth

David Oliviera

Barbara Licha


IDEA 2 - Photoshop Poster

My second and final idea is to do a poster combining the three themes all into one picture. I am going to use Photoshop and Illustrator to experiment on some possible outcomes. 

How did I come up with this idea?
I was looking into some Photoshop tutorials the other day and I came across a tutorial about Double Exposure Photography and I found it really interesting. So I went on Pinterest and I looked up ideas for double exposure photography and how they can be used for posters, and I got really inspired and motivated to try it out myself using the collide brief. After that, I came across some other interesting photography techniques that you can use in Photoshop to create amazing posters. 












IDEA 3 - Animation

Animation ideas

-Interview between me and my friend talking about what makes us happy and where we see ourselves in the future.
-Interview a few people asking them questions about happiness
-Animate myself and my evolution towards the future

Inspiration on Vimeo


What makes you happy? from Jon Rawlinson on Vimeo.


What makes you happy? from Yvonne Zagermann on Vimeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment