Wednesday 24 February 2016

Brief: Conversation

Understanding of the brief 

This brief challenge us explore our creativity, test different methods, media, materials and technologies. We are asked to pay more attention to the conversations we are having in our everyday lives. What is the most important conversation for today? For the Future? Discuss different topics that interests us and drives us to expand them. Decide who we will have the conversation with and what is the message we want to pass on to the audience.

The Conversation can be about anything we want. it can be about social networks, something that happen during the day, love, family, politics, economy and the list goes on.

What I chose to do is something more broad but in the process I’m going to narrow it down into something more specific. The subject i chose is Conversation Psychology and Body Language.  I chose this subject because I like the fact that when people are having a conversation, they are saying more with their body than with their words. Psychology combined with body language can make the conversation  a lot more easier to understand. What I mean by that is that, when a person is aware of the basics signs of the conversation psychology, they can decide which course the conversation should take or what the other persons intentions are, their emotions and their status. Moreover, i enjoy to study the people while they talk to me. I like to observe the way they look at me when they are listening, the way their hands are moving, their posture. it helps me understand more about them. It’s interesting because, as I mentioned before, with body language you can decode what the person is actually saying. If you are not sure if what he/she is saying is true or if its actually what he/she wants to say, you can decode with just simple body language and psychology techniques.

People tend to say something else and show something else entirely. They are also trying to hide the obvious, like being attracted to someone. With this project I will try to show my attempt to uncover the hidden conversations behind the real ones.


IDEAS

Love story

My first idea is to make a comic of a typical love story, in an attempt to show how people fall in love and then fall apart. During this story line I will show the body language of both characters and how words sometimes differ from what our body language is saying. I will also try to show that psychology plays a big part in our everyday conversations and that sometimes, if we misread the signs, we will end up losing the conversation.


(Short story)


Friendship

In this story, i will introduce two different people finding comfort in the friendship of one another. The struggle of every teenager is to find a true friend that can be comfortable with and show their true selves to. Friends fight, laugh and cry together. They have deep conversations along with playful ones. It might be a friendship between a girl and a boy or a friendship between the same sex. 
My goal with this story is to point out the ways you can become friends with someone and how can you tell when someone is not actually someone who wants to be your friend.


(Short story)

A group full of people

This is a ore general story. I will attempt to draw many different people in a crowded room,maybe a restaurant and I will show what they are thinking or feeling or talking about just by their body language. 

(Short story)




No comments:

Post a Comment